FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 9k to 75k
Thread: 9k to 75k
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2019, 1:43 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by overlord207
Hello Flyers,

I am 9,531 miles short of 75k this year (8,208 miles if my last EK flight posts in time, but I saw others say it takes 6+ weeks to post). It's short in partner/AS miles so I can make it with either AS or partner to finish it.

Is it worth it, there are not many tangible benefit from Gold to 75k? I would be flying out of SEA. 2 transcon RT would do it but they are 600-700~ each leg at the moment. If the EK miles post then I could do SEA-BOS (8736) or SEA-EWR (8400) in F and it would give me enough miles.

Cheers
When were your EK flights? In my experience, EK has posted between 2 days and two weeks. If they haven't posted within 14 days you can request a manual posting on the website or freehand an email, scan & attach your boarding passes and send it to [email protected]. I find this faster than online requests.

The biggest tangible benefit of 75K is the 50,000 bonus RDM and 4 lounge passes. At 2 cpm, the bonus is worth $1000.00 (yet also enough for a CX J North America to Asia) and the lounge passes $200. Also an additional 4 GGUs. Other benefits include upgrades, 75K's on any fare, eligible or inelgible even on an award will always be upgraded before an MVPG once the 75K window opens. Additionally, as an MVPG75K you can select premium seating at booking on any fare.

Don't rule out Hawaii or Costa Rica, or do a circle trip with sub 500 mile hops which earn 500 EQM minimum. SEA-PDX-SFO-LAX-HNL-ANC-PDX-SEA is 8925 EQM. It really depends on how much you want to fly and how much you want to spend. If you have a companion certificate, take a friend and split the total. Both will earn the same EQM. Only you can determine if the benefits are viable for your travel patterns.

James