FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Etihad MAN T1 check in changed?
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:41 am
JayCee1966

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
There is a Priority Lane and your Business Class boarding card does give you access to it, however, this area is not always manned fully so you join the main queue, albeit nearer the front. In my experience there is no dedicated scanner for the Priority Lane either. By the time you've trekked upstairs and joined the priority queue there, you may as well have just gone through the security B zoo. Chances are you'll get to the lounge at the same time, maybe a fraction faster.

Due to the rigorous (read slow) security process in MAN and the shuffling of the belongings trays long queues do happen... frequently. As a seasoned world traveller I find the MAN security experience to be one of the worst from a traveller perspective, you can feel like an inmate being processed - half expecting to get deloused and disinfected as you leave with your previously well packed belongings in total disarray!!

I'm all for enhanced security and realise why it's done, but when you see how other countries do it you wonder why the UK is so bad at it. In the past 12 months I've travelled from Abu Dhabi, Cancun, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Bali, Bangkok and Cairo, and on each occasion the experience was more pleasant - even Cairo!!

This used to bother me... a lot... but I've just come to accept it as part of the MAN experience and when the process does go smoothly I'm pleasantly surprised! Once in the lounge any inconvenience is quickly forgotten ... until the next time!

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I don't think there's any FastTrack at Security B (unless it's changed since EY moved down there). So, you may have to go upstairs if you've got FastTrack.