Etihad MAN T1 check in changed?

Old Nov 29, 19, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Etihad MAN T1 check in changed?

A real quickie, I'm flying out of MAN on Dec 13 on EY 16. Every time I have flown with EY from MAN the check in has been T1 A (1st floor). Someone mentioned to me that EY have moved downstairs to check in B.

Can anyone flown recently with EY from MAN confirm or deny this?

Cheers.

Zac.
Old Nov 29, 19, 8:20 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Flew from MAN in August and October and can confirm T1 departureswas Check In B, ground floor. There are Etihad signs on the wall near drop off zone. You also use Security B which can be a bit of a zoo!
ZacZolar likes this.
Old Nov 29, 19, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks JayCee.

Zac.
Old Nov 29, 19, 10:29 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by JayCee1966 View Post
Flew from MAN in August and October and can confirm T1 departureswas Check In B, ground floor. There are Etihad signs on the wall near drop off zone. You also use Security B which can be a bit of a zoo!
I don't think there's any FastTrack at Security B (unless it's changed since EY moved down there). So, you may have to go upstairs if you've got FastTrack.
Old Nov 29, 19, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
I don't think there's any FastTrack at Security B (unless it's changed since EY moved down there). So, you may have to go upstairs if you've got FastTrack.
I'm flying business so I will take a view after check in, if to go up stairs or not. Generally I have found it does not make a huge difference, but thanks for the heads up.

Zac.

Last edited by ZacZolar; Nov 29, 19 at 11:10 am
Old Nov 30, 19, 4:11 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
quite often fast track at Manchester involves entering a separate line and then at the other end you find there is no priority scanner and you join the rest
Old Nov 30, 19, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amnicoll View Post
quite often fast track at Manchester involves entering a separate line and then at the other end you find there is no priority scanner and you join the rest
That's what I have found too, hence why I said further up the thread I'll take a view after check in.

Ta.

Zac.
Old Dec 1, 19, 5:41 am

There is a Priority Lane and your Business Class boarding card does give you access to it, however, this area is not always manned fully so you join the main queue, albeit nearer the front. In my experience there is no dedicated scanner for the Priority Lane either. By the time you've trekked upstairs and joined the priority queue there, you may as well have just gone through the security B zoo. Chances are you'll get to the lounge at the same time, maybe a fraction faster.

Due to the rigorous (read slow) security process in MAN and the shuffling of the belongings trays long queues do happen... frequently. As a seasoned world traveller I find the MAN security experience to be one of the worst from a traveller perspective, you can feel like an inmate being processed - half expecting to get deloused and disinfected as you leave with your previously well packed belongings in total disarray!!

I'm all for enhanced security and realise why it's done, but when you see how other countries do it you wonder why the UK is so bad at it. In the past 12 months I've travelled from Abu Dhabi, Cancun, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Bali, Bangkok and Cairo, and on each occasion the experience was more pleasant - even Cairo!!

This used to bother me... a lot... but I've just come to accept it as part of the MAN experience and when the process does go smoothly I'm pleasantly surprised! Once in the lounge any inconvenience is quickly forgotten ... until the next time!

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Old Dec 1, 19, 5:50 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
DhabiOne of the reasons I stopped flying with Etihad was the security screening at Abu Dhabi where although there were dedicated scanners for premium passengers there was no separate queue

Last edited by amnicoll; Dec 2, 19 at 4:37 am Reason: typed Dubia by mistake instead of Abu dhabi surprised this was not picked up on
Old Dec 2, 19, 4:15 am
Tel

Programs: old,FB gold,BMI silver,QR Gold,HH Gold.SPG Gold BA Silver
T1 check-in is now back upstairs on original level albeit further along to the left. They now use the vacated Thomas Cook desks .
JayCee1966 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 19, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Tel View Post
T1 check-in is now back upstairs on original level albeit further along to the left. They now use the vacated Thomas Cook desks .
Thanks for the update.
Old Dec 3, 19, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tel View Post
Thanks.

Ironcially I have just receieved an email back from Etihad, saying they have moved down to check in B as of the 31st May, go figure.

Zac.
Old Dec 3, 19, 4:22 am

So I've just finished chatting with an online agent at Manchester to confirm the current situation.

Currently... it is back upstairs in Check In A on Level 5.
Old Dec 3, 19, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JayCee1966 View Post
So I've just finished chatting with an online agent at Manchester to confirm the current situation.

Currently... it is back upstairs in Check In A on Level 5.
Ta, JayCee

Zac.
Old Yesterday, 5:39 am
Original Poster

I have had it eventually confirmed by email.

"Thank you for your email.

We have contacted our Duty Manager in Manchester Airport and been informed that our Check in has moved back up to terminal 1A. It can be located around desks 17-24, where Thomas Cook was previously.

I wish you a pleasant upcoming flight"

Zac.
JayCee1966 likes this.

Last edited by ZacZolar; Yesterday at 5:49 am

Search this Thread