FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:55 am
keykoo

I finished up my four night stay yesterday. A couple more issues that are worth noting (some outside of the staff's control):
  • Ventilation for rooms don't seem very good. Someone was smoking in a potentially adjoining room and we could smell it.
  • There are a lot of smokers at this hotel. There's a small outdoor area that connects the main guest room building with the main building. I'm not sure if it's allowed there or not, but we had to walk by that area a handful of times through people's smoke.
  • We asked for a taxi at the front desk. It seems like if there is not one waiting, staff have to run out to the main thoroughfare to grab one, but there is usually only one staff member at the entrance so there can be a lot of miscommunications. In my particular scenario there were 2 cabs waiting to pick other people up, but since the driveway was small anytime another taxi or car came by they would have to play Tetris to move the cars around. This also meant that our taxi request was forgotten and they didn't run out to hail one until we asked what was taking so long.
Anyways, we were planning on coming back to Kyoto in the Spring and already have some nights booked at the PH, but we are considering just going back to the Regency. The soft product at the Regency has been far superior in our experience and I don't feel like any difference in the hard product is really worth the inconvenience.