FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Q: online checkin
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:24 am
A1pax

Q: online checkin

I was trying to do online checkin for a relative (who does not fly frequently, no status and has motion sickness) in order to select a reasonable aisle seat towards the front of the Y cabin. On her outbound flight (from Asia to the US) I was able to do this (online checkin and select seats) 48 hours before the flight departure. However, I have not been able to do this for her inbound flights (from the US to Asia). I have logged into her booking reference and kept getting the message "checkin for this flight not available, try again later". Does anyone know if Eva Air only opens online checkin (48 hours) for certain flights but not others? If this is the case, then I guess the only option for my relative is to check in at the airport and get her allocated seats (last time they gave her the middle seats! - fortunately I was able to change it via online checkin, she still had to pick up boarding passes from the checkin counter and check her bags etc). This is not a problem, I only want to be able to select her the seats (aisle and toward the front of the Y cabin).

Thanks for any suggestion.