FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Reservations Incorrect Information
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:21 am
Gigantor

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Marriott Reservations Incorrect Information

Platinum Member:

In September 2019, I made an advanced purchase reservation for an upcoming hotel stay in January 2020. I saw this morning that the rate had dropped since September and I called Marriott Reservations this morning to inquire if I was eligible to take advantage of the new rate. I had informed the reservations agent that it was a Member Advanced Purchase Rate and had confirmed that my credit card had been already charged for the room in September 2019. The agent told me that he would be able to cancel the old reservation and issue a new reservation at the new rate. He also said that my paid charge would be refunded. I agreed to this offer. He went ahead and cancelled the existing reservation and created a new reservation.
He then told me that he needed to speak with his supervisor in order to submit the refund. He asked me to hold. Some 25 minutes later, he never came back to the call.

I called back and spoke to a supervisor who told me that advanced purchase reservations cannot be changed, regardless of any rate change. I explained to her what had happened and she told me that I would be charged for the cancellation and the new booking.

I have called back again and this time a case has been opened and will be fully investigated.
I have received a case number and expect to receive a status within the next 24 hours.

I expect a resolution to this mess.

Last edited by Gigantor; Nov 25, 2019 at 3:57 am