FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Namibia, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African 4 corners - Is it feasible?
Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:47 pm
flyingcrazy
Suspended

Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
Just as an FYI, sorry to say, the four don't meet at one point. There's about 300 feet of actual Bostwana/Zambia border (in the river). That's what allows the ferry between the two. It's not like the Colorado/Arizona "almost border". As to getting a boat to take you there, tough to say, but I did read reports than Angolan border patrols weren't too keen on people coming across in canoes from Namibia.

Chris
Thanks for your message.

I think Angola is quite a bit further a long and not part of the 4 at this quadripoint. One thing I was potentially thinking of was to take a taxi over to the new Zambia-Botswana bridge, cross over to Botswana and then take a small boat from Botswana to Namibia opposite. But this is all ultra preliminary planning.

Regarding Angola thats for another day but yes I have heard of people staying in Rundy, Northern Namibia, taking little boats over to Angola for their photo to be taken, I am thinking why not? but since then Angola has hugely liberalised its visa policy so its not a 'hard to get' country anymore.