FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is being denied lounge entry really that serious?!
Old Nov 24, 2019, 7:46 am
maerim

Programs: Thai Airways
Originally Posted by IMissThe747
I was in the BKK E-gate TG Royal Orchid lounge around 1:15 AM today waiting for my BR206 flight (yes, BR lounge is nicer, but this one was closer to my gate and much less crowded). For about 10 minutes I heard a distant but gradually loudening commotion. Wondering if there was some sort of situation where I might need to intervene or flee I went to inspect.

Turns out it was just a really angry man shouting at the lounge attendants for denying him entry. When I say shouting I mean body leaned forward, red in the face, hands aggressively gesturing, top of the lungs shouting. It seems maybe they questioned if the boarding pass was actually his and then asked for his passport to confirm, and eventually denied him entry.

Predictably the situation ended with authorities coming and detaining him. He was still being detained and questioned 20 minutes later when I left. The lounge attendants were still quite shaken at that point. I don't know how it all ended, but at least he wasn't on my flight.

I just wonder what is it about the TG lounge that made that man feel it was worth the trouble.
Why mention the TG lounge when the person's behavouir is the only issue?