FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2019, 7:28 am
invalyd

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
They are definitely having teething problems! Googling Park Hyatt Kyoto in Japanese turns up numerous hits for help wanted.

If you're checking in on a weekday it will probably be a lot better. They may have granted a lot of late checkouts for Sunday. Unfortunately we are checking in next Sunday and I guess I should expect to be kept waiting.

I wonder if the Afternoon Tea in the Living Room is still as busy on weekends as when they first opened. If so, that eliminates the Living Room as an option to put guests who are waiting for their rooms. If they had any sense, they should be sending guests over to the Bistro for a beverage if they are going to keep them waiting so long past stated check-in time.
Will definitely report back. I'm not familiar with the physical layout of the property, but PH Tokyo does a good job of keeping non-staying visitors out of the way as there are direct elevators to the Manhattan Bar, I fear that is not really an option here if they continue to push the afternoon tea as a revenue stream.