FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA lounge at Palma PMI
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2019, 3:31 pm
Oaxaca

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
I suspect the reason why BA pax are now being directed to the reopened Sala Valldemossa is because the airport has decided to close Sala Llevant (the new lounge in the A gates) for the winter. Over half of the A gate (non-Schengen) concourse is closed in winter, and I guess they deem not enough traffic to justify keeping the lounge open. I would expect that lounge to reopen in the Spring.

From what I’ve read so far (and I saw it from the outside just before it reopened), the reopened Sala Valldemossa lhas the same slightly surgical theatre decor as the C and D concourse lounges. The food served in all 4 lounges at PMI is identical. Was a bit surprised to read the OP’s comment about nothing being cleared for 2 hours, I’ve never seen that in any of the PMI lounges, the staff are generally pretty efficient. Will be in

Originally Posted by zappomatic
The lounge near the gate didn’t exactly have luxurious decor or a sophisticated ambience…
Sala Llevant is a little 80s 3 star hotel in style, but the actual provision is good and the location is great for BA flights. Your picture is a little harsh. A few more here

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31095635-post778.html