FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:58 am
invalyd

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
In all fairness, the reservation team there isn't your PA. "Monitoring" means they can have a look every now and then if something opens up but that doesn't mean they do so every 30 minutes of the day. If someone cancels then the availability goes back into the pool automatically and in case another guest catches thats then you're SOL.

Not sure who you talked to when you mention "Hyatt Concierge" and what they consider unreachable but it sounds nonsense to me that the hotel wouldn't answer the phone. Maybe calling the general WOH Globalist number would have worked out better. IMHO this concierge contact both in terms of calling and emailing is absolutely useless.

Glad it worked out in the end but I can see this property exempting itself from TSU in the future just like PH Sydney did. The hotel is way too small to accept suite upgrades in my opinion and it cannibalizes their revenue.
I was referring to Twitter concierge, which has generally been helpful for me.

I agree , the hotel should have exempted itself already and we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

However, I have most definitely applied TSUs at 6am local time at many properties (PH Tokyo, GH HK most recently), so Hyatt not being able to reach theirown property seems a bit absurd.