FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai [Master Thread]
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:52 am
ChocolateFactory

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
A bit off topic here, but the St. Regis Shanghai does not fare well on my list either. Check in frequently takes FOREVER. Check in is at 3 or 4 desks, but I have never seen all four desks manned at the same time. Usually 2-3 staff there only. I can never figure out why it takes them so long to enter information into the computer system, and why there is so much info to enter???!!! It never seems like that at other hotels. As a result, long queues develop with guests and luggage all scattered around the lobby area waiting to be checked in.

English proficiency at a hotel of this level is dismal.

Dining is extremely expensive, but is somewhat alleviated by the Marriott Bonvoy dining discounts this year. (And, since I usually book through Amex FHR, I have a USD 100 dining benefit to use as well, which is applied AFTER the dining discounts.)
Yeah, I stayed at the St. Regis once, 10 days after it has opened.
I would actually really like to try the EDITION, but it’s so expensive and upgrades etc. are limited. Hmm.