FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Very disappointed with Delta rewards program
Old Nov 22, 19, 1:16 am
Nomoredelta

Programs: Delta
Very disappointed with Delta rewards program

I’m flying back from Japan, and since the less than stellar delta rewards program doesn’t provide upgrades on international flights, I called to buy an upgrade. There are several open seats in Delta one...... they quoted me over $5000 for a one way upgrade......Doesn’t say thanks for your loyalty! So that’s not happening, I guess I wasn’t really surprised, because I think the Delta rewards program is awful. But then I get to the airport in Tokyo, and am told I can’t use the lounge. My delta diamond status should give me access....... but on top of it I pay the membership fee for sky club, but their deal with the airport doesn’t take either of these into consideration.

I’ve been at the top of the Loyalty Programs for KLM, United, and American over the years as well.......but Delta’s program seems like a slap in the face rather than a reward for loyalty. At one time I really liked delta, but feel their program has been circling the drain in recent years. I’ve got another trip to Europe booked right after TG already on Delta.... but the last trips I have planned before the end of the year are on another carrier. Not using Delta for these flights will bring me up short on renewing diamond this year.... but there is so little value to diamond status I don’t care.

Last edited by Nomoredelta; Nov 22, 19 at 1:21 am Reason: Spelling