FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:17 pm
rslb75

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Best to email the resort for confirmation I guess. I'm replying to the DoO's email this evening and will ask about it and try to confirm what @rslb75 said.

Who exactly told you this particular information / How did you come to these conclusions?

I spoke to the staff at Rangali, where the afternoon tea is now held and they confirmed it is invite only. I then spoke to a couple who was on their honeymoon with Hilton gold status and confirmed to us that they were invited for afternoon tea, but only for one day.

I spoke with others that had diamond status and they did not receive invites to the managers happy hour nor afternoon tea. I suspect that these two benefits have been cut to paid guests, but am not sure, just based on a small sample.

The F&B managed recognized us when we walked to the managers happy hour and still gave us two glasses of champagne, but it was clear that we weren’t invited and it was out of generosity (perhaps due to the fact we had a full week of lunch and dinner reservations left?)

Would anyone be kind enough to mail an ornament to me for my girlfriend? We accidentally packed ours in our checked bag by mistake and it of course did not survive... it was unfortunately our only souvenir aside from the photos.

if anyone is willing to, please send me a DM, can send payment and shipping/handling costs. We are located in Chicago IL as well if anyone is traveling back from there

thanks

Last edited by Canarsie; Nov 27, 2019 at 7:05 pm Reason: Consolidation.