FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asked to lower shade
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:15 pm
theboss7593

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Wow What Timing for this Thread

I have been on hundreds of flight and other than to lower shades on the ground for heat reasons I have never been asked that. WELL I am currently on AA243 4:45PM ET 777 B/E aircraft and the flight attendant came over and asked me if If I could lower my shade because the man next to me in 1-2-1 configuration asked me if I could lower my shade. I said to her I can't look out the window? and she replied it's just what he asked. I am in a Eastbound facing window seat and the sun is setting to the west currently so there is zero glare. I lowered it 1/2 way to make a compromise but that's it. I like looking out the window and heck as others have mentioned I have the window seat. Oddly enough 5 minutes later he got the rubber earpiece from the AA headphones stuck in his ear and a doctor had to be called up to remove it. What an interesting turn of events. On top of that Took the wifi about an hour to get crankin but par for the course with that