FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New MSY Terminal opens (Nov 5, 2019) - experiences, logistics, etc.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:07 pm
Shombolar

I flew out and back with no issues, but neither trip was during a busy time (left Thursday around 2 p.m., arrived Monday at 4:30 p.m.).

Had no problem with being dropped off by the Lyft driver; the road into the airport was clear. No lines at baggage check. PreCheck took all of 2 minutes. I had a freshly made Thai chicken salad at the City Greens kiosk for $9.25, which was a fair price and the quality was miles ahead of anything at the old MSY. There was a two-piece R&B ensemble playing in the B terminal, which was nice.

No problems returning or getting baggage. The Lyft line was about 25 people long, but moving. I noticed that a Lyft XL was only 25 cents more than the basic service, and it got me a specific driver instead of a lineup number. He was there in 2 minutes. Getting out of the airport at rush hour was poky and the biggest PITA of the trip, but not a trainwreck.

My best advice if you're picking up someone is to do it on the top level, which is supposed to be for dropoffs only, but seemed wide open. The lower level is crowded with taxis, ride-hailing vehicles and lots of cars trying to pick up family and friends.