FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any chance an employer wouldn't pay for J if 4x/yr Asia trips are required?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 3:11 pm
LAX_Esq

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Thanks for all the responses. Seems like F500 travel policies vary drastically -- some paying for domestic transcon J/F for even low/mid level employees, others not paying for long-haul J even for fairly senior management. I'm a bit surprised there's such a range of policies. I guess she needs to find out the official policy, otherwise be in for a surprise.

Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry
Four trips a year to Asia isn’t very many. I wouldn’t feel comfortable hiring someone who insisted on business for this level of travel.
To be fair, nobody asked you who you'd feel comfortable hiring. And nobody said my wife is insisting on anything -- or that she in any way thought as a non-exec level hire she'd be able to negotiate special travel arrangements from a F500 company. Obviously there's a company policy that dictates travel to Asia. No need to tear into people (and make it personal) for asking legit factual questions!