FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long, long, Looong layover at Colombo, Advice?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:48 am
Leopol Stotch

Long, long, Looong layover at Colombo, Advice?

Hey guys, I'm new here so, I hope you're doing well!

I just booked a flight and my layover is 16 hours in Colombo!, I skimmed through their website and found that I don't match their criteria for hotel accommodation since my base fare is only 130 USD, (taxes were 180 USD total 300USD, interesting), and they said that one way tickets base fare should be 350 USD minimum to qualify.

What about complimentary food vouchers, does anyone have any experience regarding this?, I couldn't have purchased any other flight with lower stopover time, sadly! (or any cheaper for that matter)

There was an option for Executive lounge but I've only heard negative reviews, plus you're not allowed to sleep there, which I kinda have to as the layover is overnight!

Also, what currency should I bring and how much, since I don't know the rates there, ill only need two dinners, rest of the time id like to sleep if possible?, Bear in mind I'm a 21 y/o college student so really broke, I booked this flight because it was the cheapest and now I'm finally grasping the idea that I've made a huge mistake, lol