FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New MSY Terminal opens (Nov 5, 2019) - experiences, logistics, etc.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 4:14 pm
SuperG1955

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I've got an unexpected trip out tomorrow at noon. Trying to figure out when to get there. I'll be taking a cab or Uber from the Marigny. Used to be 20 - 30 minutes and I'm thinking that I'll allow 45 - 60. I've got Clear so I'm figuring 10 through TSA.
I want to stop at the Club for a few minutes and I want to be at the gate early since I'm flying standby and don't want a middle unless I have the whole row. I'm thinking 9:30 departure from home since I can't afford to miss this flight.
The cab ride was 25 minutes. I expected it to be worse, especially after getting of at Loyola but there was no problem.

If you don't need to actually check-in or check luggage, get dropped off at the ground floor (Arrival Level) since that's where TSA security is.

There was a crowd for Pre but CLEAR was OK. Clear needs more scanners, there are only 6 and I'd anticipate big lines at peak times.