FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks {Archive}
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:57 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Perhaps you should try to order one on SQ before assessing it. My view is if it is “one of the easiest dishes” to serve, why the Japanese airlines or any other airlines have not been able to serve it.

I guess I can also make a blanket statement (like yours) that salad or bread are easy to serve, but some airlines have made messy of them.
I don't know why JAL and ANA almost never serve sushi, chirashi or otherwise. That is actually a quite good question. I never really thought about it, but I think I have only had it once to GMP. Sashimi any number of times. So it is not raw fish and airplanes that are the issue.

I don't dispute airlines ability to ruin chirashi, salad, or bread. I would say it is amazing that they are capable of ruining things so simple, rather than it being amazing that an airline can serve them well.