FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:21 am
james0499

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Went to The Ledge for dinner last night. Worth noting that the Chicken people have pointed out as being good value was not on the dinner menu this evening. Furthermore, if you are not ‘foodies’ I would hesitate to
recommend this place to you - particularly the small plates section. For us however, we found the whole thing fantastic. Highlight being the steak and lobster. The whole lobster seemed like a relative (note -
‘relative’!) bargain at 120. The small plates’ are literally single bites. Delicious but expensive single bites. So when we asked for 1 of the fish and chips, they said get 2. Similarly with scotch eggs. One mouthful.

I have incl. pics below of each dish we had. Full disclosure: This meal was complimentary following our disappointing room service the prev night. They were v quick to put that right by offering us this on the house. We were going anyway, but I would be lying if I said we would have ran up the same 900 dollar bill. We are going again this evening at 17:00 for the lunch menu which is more reasonably priced and has burgers, chicken sandwiches etc. Oh the sourdough at 8 dollars is massive btw - fill your boots!

Interestingly only The Ledge, Terra and Li Long are open tonight. We were looking forward to a return to Yasmeen but found out they had closed it for this evenings service at breakfast. Not sure why!

Overall the food was a delight, but a pricey one!

again - apologies for sore necks. I promise they are uploaded the right way round!

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Thing is, whether you agree with me or not, I haven't seen a single post here or anywhere else on the net that says "the food here is good value". Maybe one or two about the chicken but that's it. I rest my case, LOL
Oh no. Wait til you see my latest post regarding the Chicken... it’s not there!

Originally Posted by flyerchatter
Does anyone know the pricing for the dinner buffet held tonight at Tasting Table?
It’s not a buffet. I did ask about this and was told it’s just the IVD menu but in the restaurant...

Last edited by Canarsie; Nov 13, 2019 at 10:28 am Reason: Consolidation.