FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:32 am
crapz1

Originally Posted by gizayabasu
So for those who've previously had a $350 annual fee from a downgraded CG account that had an annual fee after 9/1/19, you're now being charged $495? Are you planning on keeping the Prestige, and if not, what's your exit strategy for Thank You Points?
I'm in that exact situation and the $495 AF just hit this month. I had always kept the card with $350 AF and retention offers. I have the Double Cash, Premier, and ATT Access currently, but its been over 24 months since I've received any TYP sign up bonuses so I just applied for another Premier on the 60K TYP offer. I wanted to get that taken care of before possibly cancelling/downgrading the Prestige and resetting the 24 month clock. Once the bonus on the new Premier posts, I'm going to call in for the Prestige and probably downgrade to the Reward+ to keep the points alive. The only way I see myself keeping it is if they give me a decent retention offer. I do put about $16k of dining yearly on the Prestige yearly so its nice to have the 5X TYP. I also have the AMEX Gold at 4X MR for dining so keeping the Prestige gets me an extra 16K points yearly. I guess it will come down to whether the $495 will be worth the $250 air credit + 16K TYP + any possible retention.