FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:34 pm
goliath

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kthpence
I'm a little confused though - what did you eat while you were there for 6 nights?
=>

Originally Posted by Falcons05
FOOD: Breakfast was great - the only thing I disliked was the liquids are all warm - but this seemed to be more of an island thing all around than just breakfast. Just weird drinking warm chocolate milk. We had a pizza at the pizza bar By the main pool. It was really good. I told the waiter we would just have water, and he brought a $12 bottle of Evian water - already poured by the time we looked. I told him we didn’t want that and we wanted house water, and his response twice was I already poured it. For reference: any other time during the trip that we wanted water, it was always provided house water. Otherwise, we did not eat at any restaurants. I thought they were price gouging in all aspects of food and I stand by that. We had snacks in our room (pop tarts, sandwiches). We also cooked ramen in the “tea kettle” (?). Worked great! I brought a small thing of dish soap to clean everything after every use.
[...]
AFTERNOON DRINKS::: we specifically just went to this to get pop - since it was $7++ per can. We did not drink. The snacks were not our style - so we would just go for a pop and leave.