FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Arne now outright lying: says Bonvoy preferred 8:1 over SPG/MR
Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:20 pm
CCIE_Flyer

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Antarius
Not surprising that non-FTers are happy all around.
A thoughtful post on your part all around - but one of my more (hopefully) salient points was meant to be that a lot of folks may not yet have enough experience with the new program to render a good judgement. For example, they may not (yet) have been subjected to the "standard room" scam when actually going to cash in hard-earned points. Folks around these parts are just more generally knowledgeable/experienced, and I'd be interested to see the poll results (and not everyone rates everything 1/5 - many go out of their way to say what's good, which properties treat them well, and so forth).

Originally Posted by supatight80
But im taking this as a blessing in disguise. Not being 100% loyal = saving money by staying at cheaper and nicer properties if it is a better alternative. Not like before, where by hook or by crook id be staying at an SPG property even though it was more expensive and/or the location wasnt ideal
There is this effect, most definitely, yes - a la UA in my case, certainly. The extent I no longer go to in order to fly that airline is difficult to estimate - but it's most certainly not in their favor post-merger!

Last edited by CCIE_Flyer; Nov 8, 2019 at 10:30 pm Reason: Adding response to supatight80 and, well, grammar