FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA is starting that RealID stuff again...
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:52 pm
König

Originally Posted by rickg523
... I reapplied for my DL online and got the standard license, which says "Federal Limits Apply."
Btw, I recently found out (on another thread on FT), that right wing media outlets have (naturally) misinformed their listeners that such California DL's are for "illegal aliens," not citizens. Totally false.
Right-wing media and its followers don't seem to know the difference between "citizenship" and "legal presence". Having said that, I do think think that most of "limited" licenses holders will be (a) illegal immigrants and (b) citizens who don't need it or do it out of protest against REAL-ID. Something tells me that the overwhelming majority of legal aliens will choose to get the REAL-ID compliant licenses no matter how hard it may be. So, if you are a citizen but don't look American enough (e.g., being non-white, speaking with an accent, etc), having a "Federal Limits Apply" license may (wrongly) imply to others that you are indeed in this country illegally.