FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:24 pm
Globalist

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by smithrh
Going to be arriving on a Friday night for one night.

Two questions - how might I figure out if Admiralty is a no-go when I land (or has the possibility of being problematic)? I remember there being a Conrad desk in the arrivals hall, but it was unstaffed when I stopped by months ago.

Also, if I'm unable to make it to the hotel due to protests, I'd hope I'd not be charged for the night.

Plan is to stay at the airport if things are looking off, but would prefer going onto the island.

Any issues with taxis?
I guess the safest way is to book an airport transfer with Conrad, make it their problem to get you to the property.
It all depends on your appetite for risk and willingness to spend a bit more.

The day before you land, call the Conrad club lounge and ask them for the expected situation. They are quite on the ball.
If the desk as the airport is not staffed, the staff member is likely waiting at an arrivals door for a passenger holding a Conrad sign. Approach the person.

From the airport you can take a taxi I assume HKD 250 or so. If there are protests have the taxi driver talk to the hotel where the alternative drop off is.
If you want too take the airport express, just check on arrival if it is running, if not take a taxi. If it is running you could take a taxi from HK station.
You can ask if admiralty station is open, just take MRT and walk trough the mall to the hotel, if not, back to taxi and alternative drop off.

Most protests are in the latter half of the day and in the weekend.

Globalist