FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maui - 10 nights in late Nov.
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:29 pm
djp98374

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by departingBOS
Why do you feel the north shore is over rated and why does being there in the winter matter for snorkeling Honolua bay? One of the reasons I was thinking of doing a night on the north shore was to break up the drive to Hana a bit a get a little more exploring time on it. How long of a drive is it from Napili to Hana?
In the period of november-februaty is peak rain season in the Pacific NW.

because of this you get rough seas on the north side of the islands. the east facing sides of the islands can be rainy.

I was in Maui last year in this time day I went out for snorkeling departing near where the Marriott --there wee parts the water was rough. We did 4 spots 3 were good and calm waters, one was rough. the waves were high enough it was flooding my snorkel from above when a wave would come over.

another day I was there, over water winds were 50+ mph with on winds 20-30. on land. I didnt even try to go out on the water this day. If it was a calm day I would have done a whale watching trip from Lahaina