FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unexpectedly Received "Two Suite Upgrade Awards" no idea how to use them
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:16 am
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by synzero
Hyatt Place does not have suites but Hyatt House does. That’s really the only difference between the two brands; otherwise they’re close to identical.
Not to get off topic, but no.

Most Hyatt House locations do not have suites, and even without Suites they are nothing alike at all.

Ive stayed at multiple Hyatt Place and Hyatt House locations in the US and Hyatt Place is very Similar to a Holiday Inn, while Hyatt House is like Hilton mixed eloquently with Extended Stay (in terms of having a dining room and mini kitchen).

Hyatt Place (with very few exceptions) is not an enjoyable stay at all. Hyatt House has amazing rooms, much better guest service, better breakfast, and the property generally looks much nicer. Most US Hyatt Place properties were just converted from Amerisuites and haven’t been updated at all, and the staff don’t really care, not to mention the breakfast is very poor quality.

Also, even though because Hyatt House does have suites at some properties and you CAN use a TSU at them, the property staff will not see the TSU as it’s not in their system. Reported in the TSU thread link posted above.

Sorry, I’ve just never had such poor quality in terms of the beds (which hurt my back at every Hyatt Place I’ve been to), the breakfast (even Holiday Inn Express has a better one), and the properties always looking quite dated. Comparing that to staying at Hyatt House which looks and feels much more luxurious IMO, not to mention comfortable beds, and always a great breakfast for those with or without Status.