FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}
View Single Post
Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:02 am
The _Banking_Scot
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
We'll be in Hong Kong for four days (Monday-Thursday) staying at the Conrad. We've been to Hong Kong several times, always staying at the Conrad, and love the city and the hotel.

I was surprised to read at the end of this article from the LA Times, written by someone who was born there and on a visit to see family:

Is it safe to travel to Hong Kong?

"Avoid hotels in Wan Chai, Causeway Bay, Pacific Place and many parts of Kowloon. Central, Sheung Wan and Kennedy Town are better options."

I was surprised to see Pacific Place in this list as I just sort of assumed most of the protest action is in Kowloon. Has Pacific Place mall been occupied/shutdown by protests in the past? We're committed to going, but want to be aware of possible disruptions near the Conrad. Scanning this thread, I didn't see any posts about Pacific Place trouble.

TIA

Hi,

There might be more information on the Hong kong forum ( or contact the hotel directly) but a search on google found the occasional protests in the Admiralty area ( esp on Saturday) ( article quoted was 29 sep) - Pacific place had an item on their webpage saying it was closed at 615pm on 2nd Nov ( ie yesterday)

https://www.pacificplace.com.hk/en

( not sure if is to do with the protest or not) but given I used Pacific Place to get to/from the Admiralty MTR to the Conrad this might be slightly disruptive

That being said there have been lots of posts where no signs of protests/demonstratinos were encountered so the situatino can be fluid esp at weekends- the mtr stations may be closed due to congestion

Being there Monday to Thursday should minimise any potential disruption though

Regards

TBS

PS This thread might be good for recent information

Impacts of demonstrations on travel

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Nov 3, 2019 at 7:11 am