FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help wanted to find flights to Guatemala/Belize over new year period
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:56 am
The_Editor

Programs: BA Gold
Help wanted to find flights to Guatemala/Belize over new year period

Morning all!

I’m looking for some help finding flights from London to central America over the new year.

We’d like to leave London 26th/27th December (no later than 29th) and fly to Guatemala City, returning from Belize City (alternatively Cancun) around 12th January.

I’m happy to look at alternative starting points, although the only way I’m going to get it past Mr Editor is if it isn’t a classic ex-EU and doesn’t involve passing back through London after positioning.

The preference would be to have just the one connection. We would consider a couple more if it brought down the cost significantly, but not just for TP purposes.

The best deal I have found is a straight LHR-GUA return (via the US) on AA at £1888. To return from BZE/CUN pushes it up to £2500+, so for that price difference we’d double back to GUA.

What we do have in the back pocket are LHR-DFW reward flights leaving 29th Dec and returning 13th Jan. The dates aren’t ideal, but we’ll keep them if the alternatives are expensive, which I fully expect them to be at that time of year! There is some availability to change to an earlier outbound in J, but the current ones are in F so we’d rather not do that.

Thanks in advance!