FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OBB Railjet booking late Dec 2019
View Single Post
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:48 pm
railways

Originally Posted by alpenlupe
Hi all

I'm looking to book a trip Budapest - St Anton am Arlberg (RJX 162) in late December 2019. I think it's possible to book a ticket on oebb but not make a seat reservation as 'the timetable data for the 2020 timetable year are not yet complete. Changes are still possible.'

Does anyone know when the timetable will be completed and I'll be able to reserve seats?
The problem is almost certainly that Hungarian railways (MAV) are very slow at loading the new timetable. But when it does get loaded, you might try booking on the MAV website. You can't book a ticket to St Anton, but you can book a ticket to Zurich on RJX 162, and simply get off the train at St Anton. Advance purchase fares are EUR 39 second class and EUR 59 in first, both including seat reservation. This may be cheaper than the OeBB ticket to St Anton.

Originally Posted by BMWMOT
I just booked a one way today with OBB Budapest to Vienna for April. I got the timetable not set yet notice but it did let me book it. It did not give me the option to reserve a seat so I'm not sure how to do that if it's even possible.
What concerns me is I printed the tickets but it shows no date or time when I booked a specific date and time (9:40 RJX). It does show that I booked 1st class at least.
This is an instance when booking so early is not advisable, since it seems you have been sold a full-fare flexible ticket. First class advance purchase fares on this train (when they open for booking) are EUR 39 including reservation if booked on the MAV website, which I guess is less than you have paid.

All international tickets booked through the MAV website have to be collected from station ticket machines in Hungary - you cannot self-print.