FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reserving specific booking class
View Single Post
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:54 am
qrctraveller

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
I needed a laugh - thanks

Originally Posted by Keyser
you can say that again....its a comedy of errors most of the time....

yesterday i booked an award ticket online, using ai miles on ua....after that i called to get my ua pnr so that i could use the ua app to check-in & select my seat....there was a long hold period & i was on hold for over 20 minutes....i hung up & tried again a few hours later....was on hold for another 20+ minutes & couldn't wait any longer so hung up again....

finally got through to them after another 20+ minute hold in the evening & i gave the agent my ai pnr....she went though the whole spiel of asking me my name, dob, email address, phone number, mother's maiden name, etc, etc & then asked me how she could help....i told her i needed my ua pnr for the flight & she responds back by saying the she cannot give me my 'united nations' pnr....i corrected her by saying it was 'united airlines' & not 'united nations' & asked why she can't retrieve the pnr....she replied saying they are not allowed to give the 'united nations' pnr....i once again corrected her on the name & told her that i have used miles to book on ua multiple times in the past & always call to get the ua pnr so it is definitely 'allowed' & she should check again....

she put me on hold for a minute & then comes back & tells me the air india & 'united nations' pnr is the same....i didn't bother with the name correction this time & told her that is not possible as the ai pnr has 5 characters & the ua pnr has 6 so she should check again & maybe ask a supervisor for help if she can't find it....another brief hold & then she comes back with the correct pnr....this time she called it the 'united airlines' pnr....

i would have hung up & called again if the call wait times weren't so long....i figured it would be better to spend 5-10 minutes explaining to her that united airlines & the united nations are two separate things than spend another 20 minutes on hold to get another agent who has no clue what they are doing....