FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air: Where/How to get a reimbursement claim form?
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:44 pm
allset2travel

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
If the airport was shut down, then you are not due compensation, but only the "expense reimbursement" you mention. The email you received should have given you the details you need to claim these expenses back (and should be nothing more complex than submitting copies of the receipts, presumably via their online claim form).

The airline has a duty of care regardless of the reasons for the delay in transporting you, which is why these expenses can be reimbursed. However, because the reason the flight was cancelled was out of their hands, there will be no compensation under EC261/2004 due in this case.
At first, I didn't think I was going to file for anything because it WAS due to weather. But in their email they definitely said if delay was over 5 hours for certain distance in km of travel, then regardless of reason for the delay (or cancellation), Wizz suggest I file. Wizz has a link in the email, directing to EC261/2004. That was just to explain what the law/rule is.

I flew over 2 million miles, this is my second time to claim something from an airlines! SO I am not very good at it.