Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Wizz Air: Where/How to get a reimbursement claim form?

Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold

Earlier this month, KEF was shut down for 1 day due to severe wind conditions. Unfortunate my flight on Wizz Air (KEF-WAW) was affected. It has only one flight daily! Long story short, I received several emails including one with info about eligibility for expense reimbursement (even though it was due to mother nature! This was confirmed on it's web site). There was no link to file for compensation. Poked around quite a bit online to no avail trying to find a form to fill, etc.
This was my first flight on Wizz and am NOT a member of their FF.
Can the experts here point me in the direction of how/where to file this claim online? Thank you so much.

BTW, also found online some third party who would act on my behalf to handle the claim. My first instinct was "don't bother". Thoughts?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Post this message publicly in Twitter bemoaning the fact they invited reimbursement and did not include a link just to be mean and watch them respond with a DM offering the link or advice.

I'd not pay 25-33% to a firm for filing something that Wizz admittedly ham-handedly offered without even being prompted. Just get the link.

There is no phone number at all for them in the whole world?
allset2travel likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:53 am

Wizz normally charge to talk to their call centers,and the rates aren't pretty.
And yes, in the EU, airlines have "duty of care" to passengers, even when it's not their fault. You should be able to get expenses reimbursed. Try asking on Twitter/Facebook for the form.
Third parties take care of compensation claims, which are due when it's airline's fault for delay and/or cancellation.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Earlier this month, KEF was shut down for 1 day due to severe wind conditions. Unfortunate my flight on Wizz Air (KEF-WAW) was affected. It has only one flight daily! Long story short, I received several emails including one with info about eligibility for expense reimbursement (even though it was due to mother nature! This was confirmed on it's web site). There was no link to file for compensation. Poked around quite a bit online to no avail trying to find a form to fill, etc.
This was my first flight on Wizz and am NOT a member of their FF.
Can the experts here point me in the direction of how/where to file this claim online? Thank you so much.

BTW, also found online some third party who would act on my behalf to handle the claim. My first instinct was "don't bother". Thoughts?
If the airport was shut down, then you are not due compensation, but only the "expense reimbursement" you mention. The email you received should have given you the details you need to claim these expenses back (and should be nothing more complex than submitting copies of the receipts, presumably via their online claim form).

The airline has a duty of care regardless of the reasons for the delay in transporting you, which is why these expenses can be reimbursed. However, because the reason the flight was cancelled was out of their hands, there will be no compensation under EC261/2004 due in this case.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Post this message publicly in Twitter bemoaning the fact they invited reimbursement and did not include a link just to be mean and watch them respond with a DM offering the link or advice.

I'd not pay 25-33% to a firm for filing something that Wizz admittedly ham-handedly offered without even being prompted. Just get the link.

There is no phone number at all for them in the whole world?
Thanks for chiming in. I couldn't find any contact #.

I had tweeted them to NO avail. Simply no response at all.
I received lots of promos from Wizz via email. Thought I'd ask them if they could provide a contact to customer service. Again, nothing!

Not giving up. I poked around Wizz web site. Went into some Q&A area (knowing I won't find anything there). In the "complaint" section I found a place to file a complaint. It asked for Booking Ref. But there was nothing for me to send copies of expenses (lodging & food). Anyway, I sent that out.

A standard response came back within second, It said, we will be in touch in 30 days. So, we will see.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
If the airport was shut down, then you are not due compensation, but only the "expense reimbursement" you mention. The email you received should have given you the details you need to claim these expenses back (and should be nothing more complex than submitting copies of the receipts, presumably via their online claim form).

The airline has a duty of care regardless of the reasons for the delay in transporting you, which is why these expenses can be reimbursed. However, because the reason the flight was cancelled was out of their hands, there will be no compensation under EC261/2004 due in this case.
At first, I didn't think I was going to file for anything because it WAS due to weather. But in their email they definitely said if delay was over 5 hours for certain distance in km of travel, then regardless of reason for the delay (or cancellation), Wizz suggest I file. Wizz has a link in the email, directing to EC261/2004. That was just to explain what the law/rule is.

I flew over 2 million miles, this is my second time to claim something from an airlines! SO I am not very good at it.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by allset2travel
But in their email they definitely said if delay was over 5 hours for certain distance in km of travel, then regardless of reason for the delay (or cancellation), Wizz suggest I file.
Can you reproduce the exact text of the email? Redacted to remove identifying information, of course.

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.