FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reserving specific booking class
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:27 am
AvidFlyer1990

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by qrctraveller
I'm hoping for some expert advice from AI travellers on how to purchase a specific booking class on an AI domestic flight. I would like to travel next month from DEL to UDR in a specific booking class (G), so I'm able to maximize the points received on my aeroplan account. Given that I'm based overseas, I'm unable to purchase the ticket via an AI toll-free reservation agent, since (s)he is only allowed to take credit cards from India. Does anyone know of an online travel website, where I can purchase the ticket via a specific booking class? Amex Travel doesn't have an agreement with AI, given that the company doesn't accept this credit card and Expedia doesn't offer AI as an option either.

I don't understand why AI can't take the international credit card information from overseas guests and when you arrive in India, you show proof of the credit card and your identification to ensure that no fraudulent activity occurred, similar to Eva Airways policy.
Originally Posted by qrctraveller
Hi Keyser,

I was able to reserve the specific booking class by calling Cheapoair's toll-free number.
This might not be useful for you since you have already purchased your ticket, but, AI does accept US (as well as India) issued AMEX ONLINE and in-person at the check-in desks / airport ticketing offices. I normally use my US-issued AMEX for the 5x. Now, finding a specific booking code online or dealing with their reps on phone is a whole another story!