FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which outstations no longer confiscate liquids?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 3:09 pm
mvoight
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by safari ari
TLV. Once they commence flights. They never adopted the initial 3oz rule anyways for hand luggage through security.
Why would they, it is actually a 100 ml rule or 3.3814 fluid ounces? (TSA signs about 3 ounces are misleading)
The El Al site states the 100 ml rule (as does another Israel based airline, but I haven't yet found a government restriction (Perhaps it is in Hebrew)
https://www.elal.com/en/PassengersIn...s/Liquids.aspx

That said, it is a FOOLISH rule. Nothing prevents a bunch of terrorist to board a plane and then combine the amount of liquid they have.
Additional that 100 ml rule does not apply to medically required liquids or liquids for babies.
I find it a bit foolish I can carry saline solution, but not a bottle of water, over 100 ml without the salt
That said, I thank the TSA because I have not been assaulted at an airport by Kelly LeBrock carrying over 100 ml bottle of Pantene. because I hated her for being beautiful
I am more than thankful the "shoe bomber" had not place the bomb in his underwear or we would have to go through security "commando style"
TSA has a job to do, but I feel the vast majority of what they they are visibly doing at airports is a dog and pony show.
(Now, I am hoping I don't see SSSS for my trip to San Juan next week)