FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unable to credit miles, they have already been credited. But I don't see them
Old Oct 27, 2019, 1:58 pm
royal757

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by yyckerr
I flew a domestic AC metal flight earlier this year that redirected in-air to another city due to not being able to land at scheduled destination due to weather. The flight posted as cancelled even though I definitely flew it and even was put up in a hotel overnight by AC. After 2 failed attempts to resolve missing miles through AP - standard missing miles form first, then an email to credits@ (both were boilerplate BS responses), I submitted a customer service request on aircanada.com. Got a reply and miles credited within 48 hours with an apology.

Sometimes escalating using the Contact Us form on the AC website actually works.
I agree, the contact us form on AC's website actually resolved a problem I had earlier this year about misscalculated miles (I was credited 50% AQM on 7 bookings, when they actually were 100% flex G class). A nice agent finally helped me just when I was about to loose all hope.

I called Aeroplan today and a nice agent escalated my inquiry to a supervisor. Supervisor was able to dig into the matter further and realized that TAP has credited the miles to some other aeroplan account (a random one) but she wasn't able to see which account (what?). She then wrote an email to TAP's mileage department for a retroactive mile credit to the correct aeroplan account (which is mine). So god only knows how long that will take. But I stay optimistic and hopeful we'll get down to the end of this.

She also reassured me even if the correct miles post to my altitude after Oct.31 I'll still be recognized for early-recognition. I just have to email AC for investigation (probably another few weeks of waiting,, right) anyhoo. I'm happy I got an extra step today, and the aeroplan supervisor told me this should take 1-2 days if not I should email them back.

staying positive, but kind of mad someone out there got my miles when I actually needed them (for a booking). Also, weird that systems mess up like this. As I said I took the same flight in May and the crediting was flawless, took 2 days.