FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SU lounges SVO
Thread: SU lounges SVO
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:08 am
Gentleman Adventurer

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, Bonvoy, Aeroflot Platinum, Delta SkyMiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by craz
Having just connected twice @ SVO in the past 2 weeks my 2 cents is , if you are connecting and dont have a min of 3 hours between flights forget about the MC Lounge. Intl flights generally arrive and depart from Term D and the MC is in that Term but a very very long walk once you have gone thru Passport check and security.

I had just over 2 hours on my Outbound and we parked at a stand and that ate up a ton of my layover time, I still tried to get to the MCL but once I went up the escalator to the part of the D Term where its located I realized Id be lucky to be in there for 10 mins , since its near Gate 36 and my connecting flight was out of 25 which was a couple of football fields away

If you have a carry-on you need to put into an overhead bin then you really need to board pretty close to when boarding starts and they close the doors @ T-20, toady we arrived on time and at a jetway but still I figured at best Id have 15 mins max in the MCL and decided it just wasnt worth it and thats with a 2H 10M layover, most of that time is used up getting thru PP control and security and I just went to the Moscow lounge which was gonna be the closet to my departing gate
Indeed it is a bit of a walk from the Mastercard Lounge to Gate D25, though I always manage to do it in 12 min. I always try to arrive at SVO 2-3 hours before my flight and that gives me more than enough time for the Mastercard Lounge. If you have 1 hour or less AIRSIDE though, you will certainly be rushed and won't have time to order a hot meal or enjoy a free premium drink.

The way I see it, the chief purpose of a lounge is to de-stress as much as possible before a long flight. If you have to run across half the airport just for a short visit to the lounge before your flight, that just creates more stress. In that case, better to skip