SU lounges SVO

Old Oct 1, 19, 11:28 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Gentleman Adventurer View Post
Hi Concerto

If I've correctly understood the type of Mastercard you have, you would have access to the Mastercard Lounge at SVO by paying RUB 1500 (about $23) per person. If your card had "World Elite" on it, you could get in for free.
This is good to know.. I do have such a card and I did not even realize that Mastercard had lounges. I will try it out in early January when I transfer in SVO (if I have the time) instead of the indeed crowded ST E+ lounges.

Cheers!
Old Oct 2, 19, 3:18 pm

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, Bonvoy, Aeroflot Platinum, Delta SkyMiles, KLM Flying Blue
Yes. So Sheremetevo Airport has about 10 lounges across terminals D, E and F (which are connected as long as you are flying internationally). The Mastercard Lounge blows ALL of them out of the water. It was voted the best airport lounge in the country last year, in fact. Worth paying to get in and worth arriving early to enjoy a hot meal and some wine.
Old Oct 14, 19, 9:17 pm

Programs: SU GOLD, BA GOLD , SQ PPS. RIP: UA 1999-2015 EY Partners 2006-2017, LH SEN 2006-2018
Interesting. Another Ginza Project. I'm intrigued.

The Aeroflot longes (at SVO specifically) are basically a soviet train station, with everyone clamoring for admittance. So much so, Priority Pass is basically banned during peak hours ( and rightfully so)
Old Oct 22, 19, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. So Sheremetevo Airport has about 10 lounges across terminals D, E and F (which are connected as long as you are flying internationally). The Mastercard Lounge blows ALL of them out of the water. It was voted the best airport lounge in the country last year, in fact. Worth paying to get in and worth arriving early to enjoy a hot meal and some wine.

Having just connected twice @ SVO in the past 2 weeks my 2 cents is , if you are connecting and dont have a min of 3 hours between flights forget about the MC Lounge. Intl flights generally arrive and depart from Term D and the MC is in that Term but a very very long walk once you have gone thru Passport check and security.

I had just over 2 hours on my Outbound and we parked at a stand and that ate up a ton of my layover time, I still tried to get to the MCL but once I went up the escalator to the part of the D Term where its located I realized Id be lucky to be in there for 10 mins , since its near Gate 36 and my connecting flight was out of 25 which was a couple of football fields away

. If you have a carry-on you need to put into an overhead bin then you really need to board pretty close to when boarding starts and they close the doors @ T-20, toady we arrived on time and at a jetway but still I figured at best Id have 15 mins max in the MCL and decided it just wasnt worth it and thats with a 2H 10M layover, most of that time is used up getting thru PP control and security and I just went to the Moscow lounge which was gonna be the closet to my departing gate
hessbo likes this.
Old Oct 23, 19, 9:08 am

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, Bonvoy, Aeroflot Platinum, Delta SkyMiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by craz View Post
Having just connected twice @ SVO in the past 2 weeks my 2 cents is , if you are connecting and dont have a min of 3 hours between flights forget about the MC Lounge. Intl flights generally arrive and depart from Term D and the MC is in that Term but a very very long walk once you have gone thru Passport check and security.

I had just over 2 hours on my Outbound and we parked at a stand and that ate up a ton of my layover time, I still tried to get to the MCL but once I went up the escalator to the part of the D Term where its located I realized Id be lucky to be in there for 10 mins , since its near Gate 36 and my connecting flight was out of 25 which was a couple of football fields away

If you have a carry-on you need to put into an overhead bin then you really need to board pretty close to when boarding starts and they close the doors @ T-20, toady we arrived on time and at a jetway but still I figured at best Id have 15 mins max in the MCL and decided it just wasnt worth it and thats with a 2H 10M layover, most of that time is used up getting thru PP control and security and I just went to the Moscow lounge which was gonna be the closet to my departing gate
Indeed it is a bit of a walk from the Mastercard Lounge to Gate D25, though I always manage to do it in 12 min. I always try to arrive at SVO 2-3 hours before my flight and that gives me more than enough time for the Mastercard Lounge. If you have 1 hour or less AIRSIDE though, you will certainly be rushed and won't have time to order a hot meal or enjoy a free premium drink.

The way I see it, the chief purpose of a lounge is to de-stress as much as possible before a long flight. If you have to run across half the airport just for a short visit to the lounge before your flight, that just creates more stress. In that case, better to skip
craz likes this.
Old Dec 13, 19, 12:46 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I was really surprised with the quality of the SVO MC lounge! Superb.
Old Dec 23, 19, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi Concerto

If I've correctly understood the type of Mastercard you have, you would have access to the Mastercard Lounge at SVO by paying RUB 1500 (about $23) per person. If your card had "World Elite" on it, you could get in for free.
Seems from a link provided above it says there is a 5 hour limit. I'm looking to book a 9 1/2 hour layover, Does anyone know how its enforced? They will let you in but at the 5th hour ask you to leave? Only allow you to enter when its T-5 to your flight, Not let in you at all, or they wont care as long as its not overflowing?

I do a PP card but the other lounges Ive been in are OK for a very short period of time

Of cause by the time I will need to do this next Oct it may all be moot
Old Dec 24, 19, 7:00 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I've never been refused with my Priority Pass in SVO and DME, but I haven't been there thousands of times so maybe I was just lucky. The lounges I visited seemed perfectly civilized and decent enough for a couple of hours. Is there a Diner's Club lounge in SVO? Or DME for that matter?
Old Dec 24, 19, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
I've never been refused with my Priority Pass in SVO and DME, but I haven't been there thousands of times so maybe I was just lucky. The lounges I visited seemed perfectly civilized and decent enough for a couple of hours. Is there a Diner's Club lounge in SVO? Or DME for that matter?
There are 8 Priority Pass lounges at SVO airport and 6 Priority Pass lounges at DME. I haven't noticed any Diner's Club lounges there.

But as stated above, the MasterCard lounge at SVO Terminal E is BY FAR the best lounge at SVO.
Old Dec 24, 19, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by craz View Post
Seems from a link provided above it says there is a 5 hour limit. I'm looking to book a 9 1/2 hour layover, Does anyone know how its enforced? They will let you in but at the 5th hour ask you to leave? Only allow you to enter when its T-5 to your flight, Not let in you at all, or they wont care as long as its not overflowing?
I think I have have stayed in the MasterCard Lounge for around 5 hours (I had a 7 hour layover), and I was never asked to leave. I don't think they are too strict about enforcing it, but I'd bring your Priority Pass card as a back-up in case you need to additionally pop into a PP lounge for an hour.
Old Dec 24, 19, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think I have have stayed in the MasterCard Lounge for around 5 hours (I had a 7 hour layover), and I was never asked to leave. I don't think they are too strict about enforcing it, but I'd bring your Priority Pass card as a back-up in case you need to additionally pop into a PP lounge for an hour.
thx, yea I was planning on taking my PP along as well, just after having been in those awful lounges, I was hoping I could simply camp out at the MC lounge (of which I havent been to, due to not having an extended layover)
Old Jan 6, 20, 12:53 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

To add my experience here on the lounges, I initially used the Aeroflot Galaxy lounge at Terminal E. It was actually not too bad, quite a number of seating. Food selection was ok - with 4 different hot dishes (2 type of porridge, 1 egg and 1 sausage).
Later I moved over to the Mastercard lounge (first time ever using a Credit card lounge) and indeed, from design point, it was very nicely designed. [received a New Year gift of a luggage cover]. I did had to sign a form (not sure if this was normal - but was told it is just for administration).
The lounge was very packed, although I did manage to find a small table for 2. I found the breakfast options good and service was fast (including the food delivery).
The buffet selections were also good.

Based on my one time experience - I would say this is a nice lounge to come indeed for the food and beverage, but for relaxation, the Aeroflot lounge was better.

Cheers!
Old Jan 12, 20, 9:01 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AF/KL Gold (ST EP), IHG Plat, ex-AB Gold, Avis President's Club
I usually make my way to Terminal E, Galaxy lounge. I found this to be the best SU lounge.

It is quite spacious, and you can look at the Aeroexpress station - yes, this one has a window. Normally it is also less crowded than the lounges in D or F, I guess simply because most flights start from there.

I got asked to go to a different lounge, but I replied I like this lounge the most and will start on-time for my gate, and they let me pass. Just the Sky Priority label or print on the boarding pass they usually do not accept, you have to show them your Skyteam card.

Food is average, Choice of drinks is ok.
hessbo likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: