FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:34 am
Wozza2404

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by gallagher
Just about to leave the WA after a superb 10 nights here. We spent 10 nights at the Conrad last year (both trips as a Diamond).
The WA is excellent in every aspect. I cannot fault anything here. Our stay was superb. I'll do a full trip advisor review at some point soon. Any specific questions you need answering to help you make your mind up?
To be honest with the initial reviews, foliage issues, etc. I almost cancelled the WA months ago - but waited.

Now, it seems like a lot of the issues have been ironed out. What it comes down to now is probably food. Do you get gouged to the extent it looks like you do from some comments in here? I get it's the Maldives and I know it's not cheap - but £60 for half a spatchcock chicken just jars me a bit.

I dunno, given it's our first time in the Maldives I'm quite tempted to try both resorts; but I kind of wish we had time to do 5 + 5 nights rather than 5+3; I'm concerned it might feel rushed.