FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways introduces new Economy Class seat
Old Oct 23, 2019, 3:03 am
offvoice

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
That's really confusing indeed because the press release states 27 seats (for the 787) whereas the seat map only shows 24.
Now, according to this link, the Super Economy (within the Economy Comfort zone) fits perfectly the description:

https://www.kenya-airways.com/prepar...er-economy/en/

Will call tomorrow to clarify this point as it looks too good to be true

Which seats have been assigned to you? i.e. 11A+11B or 11A+11C
Otherwise, yes please report it back.
Other members will find it useful. My next KQ NBO-CDG flight is only in December.
After reading your comment I actually called back AF to move from row 12 (Economy Comfort) A&B to 11 (Super Comfort) G&I where indeed AF was unable to grab middle seats. However, the person on the line told me that while she was able to select the seats, she had a message saying there was an error, hence she told me to carefully check as this could be removed (I bought on AF website, a KL-coded, KQ-operated flight, what I’m guessing is making everything slightly more complex than it would have been had I purchased directly through KQ). In any event, that’s free of charge for Plat as stated on their website, & IMHO a great deal (and TBH, the prices they give are actually reasonable to be A/ Front of the plane B/ With extra legroom C/ with no passengers next to you - AF is now (from what I understand) charging you on long-haul just to be in the first 5 rows of Economy, with no other perk than being at the front of the plane).