FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways introduces new Economy Class seat
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:40 pm
flying_blue_white_red

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by nldogbert
I do notice on some of the aircraft, they do seem to block out the middle seat - or is are there only 2 seats at these rows. If it is blocking the middle seat - this is a very good value - even if you have to pay for these seats and of course if you are Platinum, even better compared to what KLM and DL offers for these seats.

Cheers!
That's really confusing indeed because the press release states 27 seats (for the 787) whereas the seat map only shows 24.
Now, according to this link, the Super Economy (within the Economy Comfort zone) fits perfectly the description:
With our Super Economy option, you have a chance to indulge and enjoy the company of yourself at peace on our neighbor free seats.
The seats are located at the front of the Economy cabin whereby the middle seats are not occupied to give you the extra comfort.

https://www.kenya-airways.com/prepar...er-economy/en/

Will call tomorrow to clarify this point as it looks too good to be true

Originally Posted by offvoice
Flying them mid-nov, will report back here if no one does by then. I actually did not notice they were “Comfort seats” but I called AF to select my seats after booking (for some reasons I could t do it through the app, but this could very well be the reason) and asked for front of the cabin. AF agent booked it like a regular seat and didn’t mention anything (though I’m platinum, so perhaps she didn’t bother explaining it to me). Regarding the middle seat, I would t know, but we are two pax and seating next to each other.
Which seats have been assigned to you? i.e. 11A+11B or 11A+11C
Otherwise, yes please report it back.
Other members will find it useful. My next KQ NBO-CDG flight is only in December.