FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways introduces new Economy Class seat
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:16 am
nldogbert

Originally Posted by refox3488
I was less than impressed when i logged in to choose seats and found out they were charging for every seat in the cabin. I don't expect a countries flag carrier to charge for seat selection, that should only ever happen with budget carriers.

While $20 USD isn't much, i don't want to pay and then lose it if we win the upgrade auction for business, so i guess we are rolling the dice.
Please look at BA, AirFrance, KLM, Iberia, TAP Portugal, Singapore Airlines, etc...all are charging for seats...are they budget carriers? This is just a trend happening in the industry.

Going back to the topic, I do notice on some of the aircraft, they do seem to block out the middle seat - or is are there only 2 seats at these rows. If it is blocking the middle seat - this is a very good value - even if you have to pay for these seats and of course if you are Platinum, even better compared to what KLM and DL offers for these seats.

Cheers!