FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - N Fare - No PY then PY Q
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2019, 2:33 pm
pmarrsouth

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
N Fare - No PY then PY Q

Months ago I booked a trip, which I flew over the summer. This is more of an interest question than anything

I was booked on an N fare from PTY-DUB, via YYZ. Both AC. The return was also an N fare DUB-FRA-FCO-YUL-YYZ-PTY, with the first 2 legs on LH and the last 3 on AC. There were no options for PY between YUL-YYZ at booking, so it was booked into a B fare on an A320. P-N-Q-Q-N-B-P is the full fare details

A few days before the return journey, the A320 turned into a 772, now with PY. At YUL, I went to the departing gate after getting in from FCO to ask about being put into PY. The agent looked up my reservation and said that nothing could be done as it was booked as B fare for that leg. I mentioned that it was indeed, as no N fare was possible upon booking, but then the plane was changed a few days back. She again confirmed that nothing could be done

I didn’t take it further, such a short flight and only 125 more status miles for me, but I do still wonder, was I entitled to it?

In case it matters, this trip was booked through an offline travel agency, who I didn’t ask about reticketing (or whatever would be the only way, before airport takes control)