FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DFW vs DAL?
Thread: DFW vs DAL?
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:14 am
djp98374

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by EWR-6785
Eveything else being equal, do folks find it preferable to fly to/from DFW (DL) or DAL (Southwest). I'll be staying in Las Colinas. My guess is that while DFW is closer, that may be offset by likely shorter time from door to gate at DAL. So it is probably mostly about the relative ease/pain of transit and the airport experience. Ground transportation cost is not a factor.
I am already very familiar with the pros and cons of Southwest.
i know this is a little late to this question...just my twocrnts

i have passed through both on connections snd travelled in and out each into dallas

forDAL

with the deregulation you know have moreglights to dal.

Right now now I live near DCA so there were direct flights to DAL on WN an Virgin that AS bought. AS leased the DCA slots to WN for 10 years starting roughly the beginning of this year.

The airport is smaller so I’m not concerned about connection time as I would with DFW

ive also travelled coast to coast using dallas as a overnight layover. Some of the hotels near DAL do not offer airport shuttles even though they use the airport in their hotel name.

withDFW..need longer connection time given it’s bigger airport. It’s farther from downtown dallas. They have direct access to DART and it’s convoluted system