FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:06 pm
SS255

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I dn't think this is a done deal. The reply I received re: lifetime members & the new rule included, "We'll continue to monitor the feedback we receive about this recent policy change."
I received a call, which was somewhat similar in messaging: Just enough to give me hope, and just enough on their side to shut me up (for now).

This is one of those times when I REALLY, REALLY miss Scott O'Leary (the original CO Insider who became the original UA Insider). I'm convinced that if he were still at UA, he'd be our advocate. Scott was like the "Short-Sighted Decision Makers Whisperer." And if all of his whispering efforts failed, he'd come back to us with a solid (if not always popular) business case for the bad news*. I cannot think of one potential solid business case for not grandfathering in the lifetime members.

*Or at least he did back in the CO days -- before the merged UA-CO shut him down.