FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - For Express Deals: Must Priceline include resort fees in the "Total Charges" quoted?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:24 pm
shopboxes

Originally Posted by hotturnip
In recent years, the resort fee has always been described on the booking screen before you finalize the reservation. I did notice when I booked a Honolulu hotel recently via a PL Express Deal, the resort fee was actually listed as part of the price and included in my payment, which was different from before. So I kind of think if you had gone ahead and booked the room, either the resort fee would have popped into the total before you finished, or it would not have applied.
Since last time, I've noticed more "Express Deal" deals that do not declare a resort fee when the revealed hotel, as revealed by hotelrevealer or roomrevealer, does charge a resort fee. It would be great if the absence of declared resort fees meant the actual absence of such fees, but I have already booked elsewhere just because I didn't want to try my luck, running the risk of getting mired in their dense offshore call center again, should my bet be wrong xD. But if anyone has purchased such a deal before and was not charged a resort fee, please feel free to share any anecdotal evidence here for future reference. And thanks in advance