FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines offered to travel 1500 kms by feet to mother with a new born to chan
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:01 pm
nancypants

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Laricoideae
No judgement here but you`ve made a logical mistake: not all people ever flying to South America become Spanish speakers.
Which part you would like to clear up to advise me better?

Ok, substitute Spanish for “a language other than English”. Of course I was hoping for Spanish because I can usually do a better job than google translate of changing it into English but hopes dashed here obviously

in terms of what I would like clearing up
-it seems there was a schedule change, but also some issue around a new baby not having a passport- how big was the schedule change? Which came first, schedule change or new baby? Are the two related in any way? I don’t see how TK making a schedule change has any bearing on your new baby not having a passport and the (??) argentine government being slow issuing documents

-it seems the call center offered you an open ended ticket but you “don’t know when you will be ready to fly”- but you were apparently in a position to fly on the date that was booked and suffered a schedule change- so again, the schedule change is not the issue here?

-what was the relationship between the travel plans of those who received a full refund and yourself, receiving a partial refund, possibly only taxes? As others have asked, had you flown the outbound already? Have you already accepted a schedule change and as such you are now asking effectively for a non-refundable ticket to be refunded? The response to a schedule change is generally a one time offer so if you have accepted an alternative flight it may be that the chance for a full refund has been lost

-what is this 1500km? To a Turkish airlines office? Can you travel without your child who is lacking a document still? I know it’s less than ideal but if that is the barrier then i’d be tempted to leave the baby with someone else for the day and get it sorted

-why are you having to pay a no show fee? Which segment did you no show for?

-you say you’ve used one segment already- what was your ticketed itinerary? I’m guessing you’re in South America which implies the segment used would be IST-[south america]- but I actually don’t know

i see I am not the only one that is confused and I find it a bit sad that you are being defensive with people offering constructively to help

Last edited by nancypants; Oct 14, 2019 at 11:11 pm