Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines offered to travel 1500 kms by feet to mother with a new born to chan

Turkish Airlines offered to travel 1500 kms by feet to mother with a new born to chan

Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down Turkish Airlines offered to travel 1500 kms by feet to mother with a new born to chan

Hi guys,

My transatlantic flight had schedule changes. I`ve contacted local (Argentina) TK call center. Agent offered me to change for free to an open end ticket due to a reason of a schedule change and I had my new born son who did not receive his first document at a time. As I cannot affect governmental workers in their delay and cannot know when we will be ready to fly.

To confirm this operation agent connected me with the other one, which in her turn did not confirmed this. And this is the main thing about their call center every agent has new ideas.

The agent I`ve been switched to said I can 1 approve the time and airport schedule they switched me to; 2) change the date for free; 3) get a refund.

I`ve spend almost an hour on the phone with super expensive connection and agent could not say exactly how much will be refunded due to a problem with system. In the end the agent ascertained that will be refunded almost nothing (this is a quote!) and changed the date for the 15 days ahead, because the system did not allow more. Agent also assured me that if I need more days I can anytime change the date by simply calling to TK call center again.

What is interesting that I`ve found out that other passengers were receiving FULL REFUNDS for the schedule change. But for some reason I was discriminated and informed that I will receive "almost nothing".

When I needed to change date one more time and contacted TK call center, as I was assured I ca do. TK call center surprisingly refused to change a date to a ticket over the phone (which I successfully did with them before) because there is a problem in their system once again and offered to go 1500 km to simply change a date of the flight.

I explained them that I cannot go 1500 km to the closest office because in the country law requires to travel with a passport and/or ID card, that my son still did not have. I could not use plane or even bus without ID of a minor it is not legal. Apart from the idea that travelling 1500 km to change a date is not what you expect from a best carrier in Europe, especially in 21 century. As well as continuous problems with the system.

I also would like to mention that specifically bought their priciest ticket to not having such problems. I regret it million times.

Now they ask me to pay a no-show fee and to pay a tariff change that costs even more that I paid initially for the round trip (I used 1 segment already) and of course they still want me to go 1500 km. Their customer service offered me to use other company as a better option and forget about TK ticket and money paid. And this is probably the best information I`ve got from them: Never use TK

Also I`ve made a clam via TK website. Received answer that showed clearly that nobody actually have read my initial claim. They say that I`ve been informed about the schedule change and therefore must not bother them much, about everything else they did not want to be bother even to read it.

Suggestions?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Laricoideae
....Suggestions?
I'm not sure I understand fully your problem.

I think English may not be your first language, and with THY you are talking to others who do not use English as their first language. A sure recipe for miscommunication.

Open a new process with customer care and write a simple message on the lines of:

(PNR)
The schedule has changed.
I cannot accept the new dates/times.
I should like a FULL refund.
Please advise

you could ask the same question on Twitter
Old Oct 6, 2019, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'm not sure I understand fully your problem.

I think English may not be your first language, and with THY you are talking to others who do not use English as their first language. A sure recipe for miscommunication.

Open a new process with customer care and write a simple message on the lines of:

(PNR)
The schedule has changed.
I cannot accept the new dates/times.
I should like a FULL refund.
Please advise

you could ask the same question on Twitter
I did so. And they do no care to answer MY questions. Instead they asked the dates and times when they refused me when I called their call center. I had this info and provided it right away, From that moment I`m receving messages with " we need more time' for months!

This is a ticket from South America to Estern Europe, it is expensive. and I`m extremely sad I`ve chose this company. What can I do more?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: QF WP
No judgement here but did you type this out in Spanish and then put it through google translate? If so it might be helpful to post the original Spanish as a lot of the English doesnt make sense here
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Unfortunately, your case would take months and months, and TK would wait for you to give up. Don't give up.

In the first plan, they should have refunded your whole ticket. The agent was definitely wrong. If there is a schedule change for more than 15 minutes, you are eligible for a FULL REFUND. However, as the agent changed the date to 15 days later, this means that you have lost your right to cancel without penalties. You should have HUACA.

Unfortunately, TK does not run its own call center and sub-contract call center agents, they have referred you to communicate with a sales office.

Is the flight date past or not? If not e-mail or call a sales office ( if Spanish is your main language call Barcelona, Madrid, Mexico City, etc... ). If the flight date has passed and you haven't shown up, unfortunately, the only way to get your money back would be to take legal action.

Sorry, but we are all aware of how bad TK IT...
nancypants and FEasy like this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nancypants
No judgement here but did you type this out in Spanish and then put it through google translate? If so it might be helpful to post the original Spanish as a lot of the English doesnt make sense here
No judgement here but you`ve made a logical mistake: not all people ever flying to South America become Spanish speakers.
Which part you would like to clear up to advise me better?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unfortunately, your case would take months and months, and TK would wait for you to give up. Don't give up.

In the first plan, they should have refunded your whole ticket. The agent was definitely wrong. If there is a schedule change for more than 15 minutes, you are eligible for a FULL REFUND. However, as the agent changed the date to 15 days later, this means that you have lost your right to cancel without penalties. You should have HUACA.

Unfortunately, TK does not run its own call center and sub-contract call center agents, they have referred you to communicate with a sales office.

Is the flight date past or not? If not e-mail or call a sales office ( if Spanish is your main language call Barcelona, Madrid, Mexico City, etc... ). If the flight date has passed and you haven't shown up, unfortunately, the only way to get your money back would be to take legal action.

Sorry, but we are all aware of how bad TK IT...
Thanks do you know other ways to reach them?
I found calls is the worst way to connect with them, having both terrible noise and getting wrong or contraversial information, as I did before.

What I would like is to get direct contact of somebody from TI who has power of decision, like their boos or somebody who cares for the image of the company. Does somebody have such contact ot idea how to reach one? Please private message it.
I do not need a call center girl, with all my respect, what I hear from them "I do no know/I do not see/My system does not work"
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
No judgement here but you`ve made a logical mistake: not all people ever flying to South America become Spanish speakers.
Thanks do you know other ways to reach them?
I found calls is the worst way to connect with them, having both terrible noise and getting wrong or contraversial information, as I did before.

What I would like is to get direct contact of somebody from TI who has power of decision, like their boos or somebody who cares for the image of the company. Does somebody have such contact ot idea how to reach one? Please private message it.
I do not need a call center girl, with all my respect, what I hear from them "I do no know/I do not see/My system does not work"
Only the Istanbul back office ( headquarters ) has the power of decision and there is no way to reach them directly. A sales office has the authorization to contact them via e-mail but not a call center agent. Unfortunately, I have no contact from TK so the only way to contact them is either visit a sales office, call the hotline or fill out a feedback form online.
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K

I think the problem is that the passenger has already used one leg of the flights then there was a schedule change. In this case, they wouldn't get the full refund, and the agent might have just had the system error (which is SUPER frequent for TK to have) while calculating the price of the remaining legs.

It's almost 2020 and TK call center is still incapable of doing things on its own, relying heavily on ticketing offices. It's an awful customer service
Old Oct 12, 2019, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyjfk
I think the problem is that the passenger has already used one leg of the flights then there was a schedule change. In this case, they wouldn't get the full refund, and the agent might have just had the system error (which is SUPER frequent for TK to have) while calculating the price of the remaining legs.
Originally Posted by flyjfk

It's almost 2020 and TK call center is still incapable of doing things on its own, relying heavily on ticketing offices. It's an awful customer service

The OP has not answered this question that I've asked in one of my previous posts.

Is the flight date past or not?
The problem could be that the OP has used a leg, as you mentioned or it could be that the OP didn't ( couldn't ) show up for the flight that the first call center agent re-booked him.

For your last paragraph, I could say that TK is saving a lot of money by contracting and pooling different call center companies and not giving them full authorization as their own employees. It's not a customer-friendly movement but TK is happy with its current system. Also, consider that many people give up when they hear that they need to contact one of their sales offices.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:01 pm

Programs: QF WP

Ok, substitute Spanish for a language other than English. Of course I was hoping for Spanish because I can usually do a better job than google translate of changing it into English but hopes dashed here obviously

in terms of what I would like clearing up
-it seems there was a schedule change, but also some issue around a new baby not having a passport- how big was the schedule change? Which came first, schedule change or new baby? Are the two related in any way? I dont see how TK making a schedule change has any bearing on your new baby not having a passport and the (??) argentine government being slow issuing documents

-it seems the call center offered you an open ended ticket but you dont know when you will be ready to fly- but you were apparently in a position to fly on the date that was booked and suffered a schedule change- so again, the schedule change is not the issue here?

-what was the relationship between the travel plans of those who received a full refund and yourself, receiving a partial refund, possibly only taxes? As others have asked, had you flown the outbound already? Have you already accepted a schedule change and as such you are now asking effectively for a non-refundable ticket to be refunded? The response to a schedule change is generally a one time offer so if you have accepted an alternative flight it may be that the chance for a full refund has been lost

-what is this 1500km? To a Turkish airlines office? Can you travel without your child who is lacking a document still? I know its less than ideal but if that is the barrier then id be tempted to leave the baby with someone else for the day and get it sorted

-why are you having to pay a no show fee? Which segment did you no show for?

-you say youve used one segment already- what was your ticketed itinerary? Im guessing youre in South America which implies the segment used would be IST-[south america]- but I actually dont know

i see I am not the only one that is confused and I find it a bit sad that you are being defensive with people offering constructively to help
yauee and ISTFlyer like this.

Last edited by nancypants; Oct 14, 2019 at 11:11 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.