FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sorry for Your Loss - A Forum for Those About to Lose Premier Status
Old Oct 13, 2019, 6:04 am
yytleisure

Programs: AC P25
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Hey FTers,

I like much of the international UA community was surprised to learn about the exciting "enhancements" for the MP program year starting 2020 (for qualification in 2021). It looks like unless I manage to do find some crazy fares off UA metal, I won't be hitting Premier 1K as originally intended. The five stages of grief & loss are : denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I'm somewhere between steps 4 and 5 .

The purpose of this forum is to share some light-hearted discussion about what it was like being Premier now that many of us won't be Premiers anymore never mind flying on UA metal back in the good ol' days and to discuss what strategies (if any) us international travellers can do to maintain recognition with airlines in general.

My highlights from flying CoUniHound as Premier Gold over the past 2 and a half years:
  • Being able to check in 3 bags on UA flights whilst I moved from Canada to the UK
  • Same day changes when the conference I went to stretched on to the following day
  • Cutting off kettles whilst boarding at the last minute on an international flight, thereby guaranteeing overhead bin space whilst avoiding catching a nasty case of gate lice.
  • Access to Lufthansa lounges whilst travelling on EuroWings Basic fares in Germany.

Safe Travels,

James
It’s maybe a decade too late to be all excited and dewey eyed about “loyalty” programs. It used to be a reward for time spent flying and meant you spent your time in a plane.

Today it is literally bought. So touting your status and looking down on kettles and lice is like parking your Rolls next to a Chevy and making ridiculous comments about your superiority.

Very crass and unbecoming.